The attorneys at The Law Office of Paul J. Donnelly, P.A., in Miami know that Florida, with its influx of immigrants is closely monitored by federal authorities for visa and passport fraud. However, heightened vigilance can often bring misappropriated or false charges.
Understanding the Basics
Visa or passport fraud may be prosecuted under various statutes and laws. There are various reasons as to why visa and passport fraud occurs. Often such fraud is committed for the following reasons:
- To enter the U.S. illegally
- To conceal the identity of terrorists, fugitives, or habitual offenders
- To facilitate other crimes such as fraud, the smuggling of aliens, or drug trafficking
- To commit fraud against individuals or financial institutions
Visa and passport fraud can involve the implementation of various illegal activities, which can include:
- Taking on a deceased person’s identity to secure a visa or passport
- Using fake documents of support, such as birth certificates
- Utilizing stolen passports or visas
- By-passing the two-parent regulation for minor children seeking a passport
- Stealing a live person’s identity and using it in association with a passport or visa
Visa/Passport Fraud and Other Crimes
Charges related to visa and passport fraud may be prosecuted under certain federal statutes. These include:
- Mail Fraud
- Wire Fraud
- Bank Fraud
- Various Conspiracy Crimes
- A range of White Collar Crimes
Federal cases involving passport and/or visa fraud can be very complex. As noted, a range of laws may be utilized and charges may include various related activities. Additionally, if fiduciary institutions, various forms of electronic communication, or a range of white collar crimes are connected to such charges, this can lead to further legal complications, which can involve:
- The inclusion of various types of expert witnesses
- Large volumes of evidence
- Legal questions regarding the validity of witnesses, evidence, and associated charges
The Power You Require
In order to fight federal visa or passport fraud charges, you will require the services of a highly skilled veteran defense lawyer and who possesses real experience in fighting fraud charges related to visas and passports.
Paul J. Donnelly, P.A., has every attribute that is needed to contend with federal prosecutors. He is successful in pretrial maneuvering and in courtroom procedure. He possesses the power that you require to aggressively battle federal prosecutors.
Working For You
The attorneys and legal professionals at The Law Office of Paul J. Donnelly, P.A., are ready to work for you. If you have been charged with visa fraud or passport fraud, do not attempt to fight these accusations on your own. Doing so can put you at an extreme disadvantage.
Attorney Donnelly and his legal team will be happy to meet with you and discuss your case. The team will evaluate the charges against you, discuss legal options and choices, and work to protect your rights and ensure you see the best possible outcome for your case. Get the personalized, professional defense services that you require. Call The Law Office of Paul J. Donnelly, P.A., today at 305-757-3331.